HERO Printer FAQs
Is it a direct thermal printer?
Yes, the HERO Printer is a direct thermal printer, which means no ink or toner! Direct thermal printing uses heat-sensitive media that blackens when it passes under the thermal printhead, while thermal transfer printing uses a heated ribbon to produce durable, long-lasting printing on labels.
Does it work with Windows and Mac?
Yes, the HERO Printer works on both Mac and Windows. Drivers can be downloaded using these links:
Download Printer Drivers:
To install the Windows driver, you may need to temporarily disable Windows virus protection, then turn back on after installing the driver. Follow these steps:
Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Manage settings (or Virus & threat protection settings in previous versions of Windows 10).
Switch Real-time protection to Off. Note that scheduled scans will continue to run. However, files that are downloaded or installed will not be scanned until the next scheduled scan.
To install on Mac:
- Once you've already downloaded and installed the driver for Mac, then you will also need to go to System > Preferences > Printers & Scanners. Then click the + icon and add the HXD840-PRO printer from the menu which pops up:
- After this, please open your shipping label PDF file (ensure this file is an A6 or 100x150mm sized file, not an A4 file) and click Print. Select the HXD840-PRO printer and ensure the settings look like this:
- Then click the drop-down which says "Layout" and select "Printer Features" and ensure the settings look like this:
- Then click "Print" and your labels should print now!
Does it have bluetooth?
Yes, the HERO Printer has Bluetooth capabilities as well as USB!
To print using Bluetooth:
- Go to the App Store or Google play and search for “ThermalPrint”.
- Download the app.
- Once open, click the printer icon in the top right corner and select the printer model HXD840-PRO.
- The printer should now be connected.
- In the app, go to Printer Settings and select the printer model HXD840-Pro.
- Now go to your phone's file browser.
- Find your shipping label file in your phone's file browser and tap the 'share' icon.
- Select the ThermalPrint app.
- Your label file is now accessible through the ThermalPrint app.
- You can now select PDF files to print shipping labels.
Which couriers does it work with?
The HERO printer works with all couriers, including Australia Post, Sendle, Shippit, Starshipit, TNT, DHL and more. Some settings may need to be adjusted.
Does it integrate with my website?
Yes, this HERO printer will work with Shopify, Wix, WooCommerce, Etsy and any other website platform.
Does it work on tablets and other devices?
Yes, the HERO printer has an app for iPads and Samsung devices.
Which labels does it work with?
The HERO printer works with labels with a maximum width of 100mm. We use 149x100mm labels (standard shipping labels).
The labels can be on rolls or stacked.
Is it DYMO compatible?
We have not tested DYMO labels on our printer. Our Compostable HEROLABELs work perfectly on this printer.
Do barcodes and QR codes print clearly?
Yes, barcodes and QR codes can be printed clearly, but you will need to test and adjust settings to ensure it's perfect.
Are HEROLABEL rolls sold separately?
Yes, HEROLABEL rolls are sold separately on our website under Accessories.
Are your labels Biodegradable?
Our HEROLABELs are compostable!